I’m sure most of you have stuck your faces in the dirt that is GlamGlow, but I haven’t. Recently I finally got my hands on the Supermud right after I emptied my second Rare Earth masque from Kiehl’s. I got it at Luxola for IDR 780,000. Figured it’s time to switch up my clay mask routine, plus this is the most attractive GlamGlow facial treatment of the 4 for me. A few reasons:
- Multi award-winning product = legit
- Celebrity endorsements = double legit (Jen An, K-Stew, Lady Gaga, Miley)
- Everybody else is raving about it
- It says: “for Super Clear Poreless Skin.” Who doesn’t want that?
- Contains both AHA & BHA, meaning effective skin-refining + -exfoliating and ultimately texture-improving
- and most importantly, salicylic acid to gently rid of persistent acne
- Contains some of my favorite botanicals: licorice root (lightening), aloe vera (calming), eucalyptus (cooling + detoxifying), peppermint (cooling + healing), and many more
- CHARCOAL. Meaning, complete and thorough excess oil + dirt removal. Used to be a huge fan of Origins’ Clear Improvement charcoal mask but stopped using it since I begin avoiding propylene glycol
The two chemists behind GlamGlow originally teamed up to design this mask to help fight all major skin concerns of both men and women, including blemishes, discolorations, blackheads and whiteheads, razor bumps, and in-grown hair. In other words, it’s supposed to be a magic fountain (or should I say magic mud?) for young- to middle-aged men and women.
Consumer trials: Results1
After 1 day of use:
- 94% felt their skin looked renewed
- 91% saw an improvement in skin clarity
- 94% felt it gently cleared their skin
On day 7 after using it 3 times in a week:
- 98% felt their skin looked renewed
- 97% saw an improvement in skin clarity
- 97% felt it gently cleared their skin
INGREDIENTS: Aqua (Water), Kaolin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Hydroxide, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf, Mandelic Acid, Charcoal CI 77266, Parfum [Limonene, Linalool, Benzyl Benzoate], Glycolic Acid, Azelaic Acid, Lactic Acid, Pyruvic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Maltodextrin, Iron Oxides CI 77491, Mentha Piperita Oil, Butylene Glycol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra Root Extract, Glycerin, Chamoilla Recutita Flower Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract, Hendera Helix Extract, Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone
The magic behind the ingredients2
TEAOXI® EUCALYPTUS LEAF
Groundbreaking TEAOXI® is GLAMGLOW’s proprietary continuous time-release technology, delivering daily fresh natural eucalyptol, natural linalool oil & powerful flavonoids direct into our formula from real pieces of Eucalyptus Leaf contained in our magical healing SUPERMUD®.
ACNECIDIC-6™ 4.4%. The World’s first Clearing Treatment with a proprietary 6 acid blend. AHA & BHA acids are perfectly PH balanced for mind-blowing faster results.
- Glycolic – Helps Restore Photo Damaged Skin & Improves Skin Texture.
- Salicylic – Helps De-clog to Minimize Pores & New Skin Rejuvenation.
- Lactic – Helps Pigmentation, Moisture, Stimulation & Skin Collagen.
- Mandelic – Helps Fine Lines, Wrinkles, Aging Skin & Skin Elasticity.
- Pyruvic – Helps the Effects of Scaring & Clearer Skin.
- Azelaic – Helps Fight Follicle Bacteria & Breakouts.
PORE-MATRIX™ Our Activated-X Charcoal is an Xtreme absorption carbon, attracting toxic substances into its mass up to 500 times its volume from all skin types, within the deepest & toughest areas. Our new proprietary K17-Clay™ will better extract & encapsulate excess sebum oils, bacteria & toxins in a controlled stasis state, revealing a Pore-Matrix™ of extraction dots & areas, ready to be washed away for seemingly poreless skin.
Uses the complex natural occurring skincare benefits of green life, for Advanced Scientific Skincare.
- EUCALYPTUS LEAF – Helps Fight Toxic Skin Complications
- LICORICE ROOT – Helps Regulate & Alleviate Problem Skin.
- PEPPERMINT PLANT – Helps Control Bacteria & Irritations.
- CHAMOMILE – Helps Inflammation & Regeneration.
- MARIGOLD – Helps Fight Viral & Microbial Issues.
- COMFREY HERB – Helps Analgesic Recovery.
- ALOE VERA – Helps Healing & Rejuvenation.
- IVY – Helps Relieve Itching & Tightens Skin.
- CUCUMBER – Helps Soothe & Calm Skin.
Right now it’s been over 3 weeks since I first used the product. I have this rule of thumb that if I haven’t finish the whole product yet I can’t jump to conclusions about it to allow it more time. I’ve been using it mostly at night, and my upping the routine to 3 times a week was gradual. I wanted to see if the product is one of those stronger kaolin masks in the market that can really dry up your skin, especially when I tend to use them overnight. I’ve had that experience with masks containing propylene glycol, but as the weeks go by I found that the Supermud was strong and tightening without stripping off the moisture of my skin.
Safety aside, this mask is just one of a kind. In the first week I’ve only used it once before sleep, and I remember how squeaky clean and toned my complexion was right after I cleansed it off the next morning. The consistency was literally as thick as real mud, with scraps of dirt and all. The only difference is that it smells good. You can actually smell the botanicals right away once you twist the lid off. My only complaint was that it doesn’t dry out as quickly as most masks I’ve tried before, but that’s not much of a problem if you’re going to look like you haven’t showered in years.
One time last week I used it on a night I didn’t sleep, and I hate to say that the Supermud made my complexion so much worse. Normally when I get insomniac, I get rashes and red spots all over my face and my cheeks turn really dry, along with a much oilier T-zone and the occasional pimples at random spots. After I washed off Supermud that morning, some areas of my cheeks actually had peeled off from the tightening effect of the product. Even though my skin texture feels cleaner, the itchy blotches and red areas from sleepless night are more obvious than ever. Ever since that night I never use it on days when I don’t sleep enough.
But let’s get back to you: Fortunately, most of you don’t suffer from sleepless nights as often as I do, at least I assume so. I just think this is an excellent treat especially for you peeps with oily/combination skin like mine, or just anyone with larger-than-normal pores and suffers from frequent blemishes. Like I said, based on my use so far it’s really good at vacuuming all the persistent bits and clumps of dirt on your skin, including making pimples go away faster and minimizing bulges and bumps.
Where to buy
By now it’s already a worldwide sensation, so hyped-about that it reaches the far corners of the earth (’cause Indonesia is a third-world country, aight?). But I’m still gonna enlist the official places where you can get the Supermud locally:
Let me know how the Supermud worked out for you.