Remember the early days of Britney?
Yeap, she was all white in a skin-tight crop.
We’ve all probably noticed a number of A-list celebrities donning the midriff-revealing item these days, whether they’re down the street or the red carpet. It was predominant in the ’80s and ’90s, thanks to Madonna, who started it all. Gwen Stefani, J Lo, Mariah Carey and Shania Twain are just a few names I can recall who was rocking the crop top during those days.
Now maybe this is just me, but despite its on-screen prevalence back then, I didn’t really see it as commonly worn as it is today. Perhaps because I’ve grown so used to seeing it on TV that I think it’s quite an outlandish look for the average girl on the street. And frankly, it takes a lot of confidence for anyone to carry herself in a crop top (except maybe Princess Jasmine).
It’s really one of those items that you either love or hate – like durians, or natto. Though I haven’t worn one that rises up as high as my lower chest, I’m considering the crop top a try, particularly one in white. It’s athletic, figure-flattering, and fairly versatile. No doubt I think it’s one of the styles with the most staying power over the long run, even if its current vogue is only going to last till next year.
Just see the line of crop-clad stars below:
- NEW YORK, NY - FEBRUARY 13: Tao Okamoto attends the Calvin Klein Collection fashion show during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Fall 2014 at Spring Studios on February 13, 2014 in New York City. (Photo by Larry Busacca/Getty Images for Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week)
- launches the new PacSun holiday collection at PacSun Glendale Galleria on November 9, 2013 in Glendale, California.
Singer Lana Del Rey pops out of the London Hotel were she is staying to greet fans and waiting photographers.
Pictured: Lana Del Rey
Ref: SPL381709 120412
Picture by: Gotcha Images / Splash News
Splash News and Pictures
Los Angeles: 310-821-2666
New York: 212-619-2666
- West Hollywood, CA - Jason Statham and girlfriend Rosie Huntington-Whiteley spend the evening shopping for art pieces in West Hollywood. Rosie looked great in her white cropped top, capris, and nude heels. AKM-GSI October 19, 2012 To License These Photos, Please Contact : Steve Ginsburg (310) 505-8447 (323) 4239397 firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com or Keith Stockwell (310) 261-8649 (323) 325-8055 firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
- BEVERLY HILLS, CA - FEBRUARY 27: Actress Lupita Nyong'o attends the 7th annual ESSENCE Black Women In Hollywood luncheon at Beverly Hills Hotel on February 27, 2014 in Beverly Hills, California. (Photo by Jason LaVeris/FilmMagic)
- Diane Kruger==CALVIN KLEIN S/S 2013 Fashion Show==205 West 39th Street, NYC==September 13, 2012==©Patrick McMullan==Photo - CLINT SPAULDING/PatrickMcMullan.com====
What do you think? Will you wear or are you already wearing a crop top?
* * * * * * * * * *
Meanwhile in my dreams, Christian Grey showered me with this lavish set of goodies, which features Alexander McQueen’s white faille top, hehe. A girl can dream.
☑ Cropped cotton-blend fraille top by McQ Alexander McQueen
☑ Fortune teller skirt with sheer panel on Topshop
☑ Signature 18k white gold pearl drop earrings by Tiffany & Co.
☑ 18k gold rock candy large lollipop diamond mother-of-pearl ring by Ippolita
☑ Delicatesse Ombres Fleures eyeshadow palette by Chanel
☑ Écriture de Chanel automatic liquid eyeliner by Chanel
☑ Iridescent pumps by Stella McCartney
☑ Reverso Lady ref: 2611410 by Jaeger-LeCoultre
☑ Cellumination Essence EX by SK-II
☑ Facial Treatment Clear Lotion by SK-II
☑ A Perfect World antioxidant moisturizer with white tea by Origins
☑ White tea & mint travel candle by Aquiesse
☑ CAST tea cup & saucer by Kinto
via Fashion Gone Rogue / People / mrwgifs / Getty Images / HuffPost / Pretty Designs / Go Fug Yourself / StyleNotes / the front row view / mixmasala / HuffPost /US Magazine / Washington Post / HuffPost / Fashion Bomb Daily / La Modella Mafia /Daily Mail